Maintenance of your lovely lawns and beautiful gardens is a no-brainer for a gardener. Gardeners are responsible for maintaining the eye-pleasing beauty of greenery. Their tasks involve designing, producing, watering, preserving plants and flowers, trimming trees and shrubs, and fertilizing and mowing lawns. Their tasks include monitoring the plant’s health and keeping the walkways litter-free. We are looking for gardeners for gardening jobs in the UK and gardening jobs in London.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain and grow the garden to ensure it meets specific requirements and expectations.
- Perform basic maintenance such as cutting the grass, emptying bins, managing weed control and leaf raking.
- Plant and nurture new trees, flowers, and various plants.
- Work with hand tools and basic light machinery such as plant vehicles, and small diggers.
- Service all garden equipment and machinery.
- Maintain a clean garden by clearing rubbish and litter from the garden and grounds.
- Provide guidance to management on matters related to the garden.
- Advise management on the costs of plants and garden necessities with detailed written quotations and reports.
- Ensure a safe environment for staff and clients by adhering to safety and health regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of proven experience in a similar role.
- Ability to handle a range of horticultural machinery and powered hand tools.
- In-depth knowledge of plants and gardening techniques.
- Friendly personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of health and safety rules and legislation.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience as a Gardener
- Familiarity with landscaping design
- Extensive knowledge of regional plant life
- Knowledge of local pests and how to eliminate them
- Knowledge of synthetic and natural fertilizers
- Knowledge of state health and safety regulations for landscaping
- The ability to lift heavy objects
- The ability to remain on your feet for long periods of time
- A love of the outdoors and plant life