A maintenance worker is a professional who performs general repairs for which a specialized technician isn’t required. They are a one-stop solution. From the roof to the floor, they help keep the building functioning smoothly. They troubleshoot areas for repair, and they also help maintain heavy-duty equipment. Maintenance jobs in London include fixing roofs, windows, floors and doors. We are looking for maintenance workers for maintenance worker jobs in the UK.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc.
- Perform minor repairs
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
- Install appliances and equipment
- Do garden/yard upkeep by mowing lawn, collecting trash etc.
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
- Maintain, service, clean and properly store equipment
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm)
- Inspect and repair all damages to building surfaces
- Participate in different projects (e.g. renovations)
- Report to a facilities or maintenance manager for issues
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations
- Perform other related duties and activities as required
- Maintain building exteriors, office interiors, vehicle fleets, landscaping, and schools.
- Previous working experience as a Maintenance Worker for 1-2 years
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification of apprenticeship
- Experience in performing routine maintenance tasks
- Troubleshooting ability
- Eye for detail
- Professional presentation and attitude.
- Good physical health
- Should make and follow a timely schedule
- Strong time management skills.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.