Have a dream company? Want to get hired by them? But don’t know how to crack an interview? Well, you have landed in the right place. This blog discusses how to crack interview questions and answers and get placed in your dream position.
After accepting your application, you have to prepare for what comes next in interviews. The fundamental reason behind going through an interview is to give the employer an insight into your qualifications. Interviews might send chills down the spine of a few candidates.Wehave jotted down a few points to help you crack the interview easily.
Remember and practice these interview points:
- Read the job description carefully to understand what the employer is looking for.
- Research the company and visit its website to get an insight into its business and which product or service they are offering or planning to offer.
- Read about their vision and mission properly.
- Note down a few points you wish to question the interviewer when allowed to ask.
- Go through your CV thoroughly and interpret the questions the interviewer might ask.
- Ensure your CV is updated with all the current and relevant details.
- Properly formatted CVs are something interviewers are impressed with.
- Prepare a set of questions yourself and practice answering them.
- Ask your friends or family to take a dummy interview.
- Practice your body language and tone of speech.
Need more insight on the above points?
- Read the job description: Sometimes, candidates skip reading the job description and directly apply for the job. Going through the job description is crucial as it helps understand what the interviewer is looking for and also help in interview preparation.
- Research about the company: Digging into the company’s website is necessary as it would help you gain insights about its business, which products or services they provide, and its future prospects. Also, going through the vision and mission of the company you applied to will help you know if you want to work with them.
- Make notes: While going through the website, note some points down so that when allowed to ask some questions, you have them prepared.
- Work on your body language: Not only your CV but also your body language will be observed by the interviewer.
Things to keep in mind:
- Be confident.
- Keep your body relaxed yet in a straight posture.
- Have a smile on your face.
- Don’t fidget or overdo hand gestures.
- Have a polite tone and use the correct language.
- Avoid touching your hair or face.
- Don’t slouch.
- Be yourself.
- Practice interviews: To excel in the interview, mock interviews are the best option to excel in the interview. Set a role-play with your family or friends and ask them to be your interviewer. After the mock interview is done, ask for feedback. This is a great way to boost your confidence and improve your body language. As the saying goes, “Practice makes a man perfect.”
- Ask Questions: The interview goes both ways. You will be questioned and given a chance to ask questions. When you are allowed to ask interview job questions, grab it. This is when the interviewer understands you are keen to work with them, making the interview more engaging.
Ask questions like:
- What are the growth opportunities for me?
- What are your plans for business growth, and how can I help?
- Is there any opportunity for training within the company?
- What would I be doing on a typical day?
Avoid questions like these:
- What will be my payment?
- How many leaves will I be granted?
- Any queries related to race, religion, or native land.
- Confidence is the key. Cracking an interview isn’t difficult if you are confident in yourself.
- Applying for a job that fits your skillset is very important.
- While being interviewed, also wear a smile on your face.
- Small giggles are an excellent way to make the interview engaging.
- If asked a tricky question, take some time to think.
- Ask for water if required.
- Warm greetings at the beginning and end of an interview are advised.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Till when shall I wait to receive further updates?
A1. Every candidate is expected to wait for at least one week before receiving any further updates.
Q2. How do I pass an interview?
A2. Be gentle and polite, use the right body language and have a formal tone of speech. Answer questions related to your skills and experience using the interview STAR method.